Category: None



Toy Logging Equipment

toy logging equipment

    logging equipment
  • Logging is the process in which certain trees are cut down by a lumberjack or machine, such as the feller buncher, for forest management and timber.

  • a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"

  • An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something

  • A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness

  • dally: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"

  • An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult

  • plaything: an artifact designed to be played with

toy logging equipment - Heavy Machine

Heavy Machine Log Grabber Electric RTR RC Construction Vehicle

Heavy Machine Log Grabber Electric RTR RC Construction Vehicle

Build a little adventure of your own with the new Heavy Machine Log Grabber. Featuring a working log grabber and full function radio control, you'll be able to go in any direction and transport logs with ease. The Heavy Machine Log Grabber comes with everything you need to get started including a 4.8V rechargeable battery for the RC and a 9V battery for the transmitter. Get yours today and have a blast! Features: * Electric Powered * Full Function Radio Control * Detailed Paint And Decals * Working Log Grabber * Log Includes: * Heavy Machine Log Grabber Electric RC Construction Vehicle * Transmitter * 4.8V 500mAh Ni-Cd Rechargeable Battery * 4.8V Wall Charger * 9V Battery Specifications: * Length: 14 Inches * Width: 5.5 Inches * Height: 6 Inches Battery Requirements: * Vehicle: 4.8V 500mAh Ni-Cd Rechargeable Battery (Included) * Transmitter: 9V Alkaline Battery (Included)

78% (19)

From a distance

From a distance

Shot from a great distance into coastal fog, Tree Point Lighthouse is located at a remote location in extreme southeast Alaska.

Tree Point seems a fitting name for almost any protuberance along the coast of Southeast Alaska, as most of this area is part of Tongass National Forest, a temperate rain forest. There are, however, several gnarled, dead trees clearly evident in photographs taken of Tree Point throughout the twentieth century, which makes one wonder if perhaps these white, weathered giants were once used as a navigational reference and gave rise to the point's name. Although this theory on the origin of the point's name makes a good story, more likely than not the dead trees are simply byproducts of logging.
A couple of reasons convinced coastal surveyors that Tree Point was a prime spot for navigational aids. First, there is a straight route from Tree Point to the open Pacific Ocean via Dixon Entrance, and Tree Point, situated just seven miles north of the Canadian border, is located along the Inside Passage roughly midway between the two largest cities in the area: Ketchikan, Alaska and Prince Rupert, British Columbia. 1,208 acres on the point were accordingly set aside as a lighthouse reservation by Executive Order dated January 4, 1902.

The Lighthouse Board approved the construction of the Tree Point Lighthouse on April 24, 1903, and just over a year later, the light was activated on April 30, 1904. The lighthouse was the first, and only lighthouse, to be built on mainland Alaska. Two weeks after its debut, a small fire damaged the lighthouse, taking it out of service for a brief period before repairs were made.

The design of the lighthouse was similar to its neighbor to the north, the Mary Island Lighthouse that was completed a year earlier. The ground floor of the octagonal structure housed the fog signal equipment, which was connected to two horns protruding seaward from the western side of the lighthouse. Above the fog building, an octagonal tower extended upwards to a height of roughly sixty feet. The lantern room housed a third-order Fresnel lens, which produced a fixed-white light with a red sector alerting mariners of dangerous Lord Rocks. To store fuel for the lamp, two oil houses were constructed at distances of 50 and 100 feet southeast of the lighthouse.

Life at the isolated station was evidently difficult at times, for Ketchikan’s paper reported on December 21, 1931, that “the lighthouse tender Columbine came in from Tree Point light yesterday bringing in the keeper who had run out of supplies and was gorging himself on mountain scenery and boiled discouragement.”

Although the lighthouse at Mary Island preceded the one at Tree Point, the Tree Point Lighthouse would be replaced by a reinforced concrete tower three years before the same change was applied to Mary Island. Work on Tree Point’s new tower began in 1933. The new art deco lighthouse was situated just south of the original lighthouse, and a wooden trestle was built between the two towers allowing the lantern room to be slid horizontally to its new home. The new lighthouse, finished in 1935 at a cost of $47,481, consisted of a one-story building attached to a square tower that rose to a height of 58 feet.

At the same time, three, six-room frame dwellings and a schoolhouse were built around the end of the tree-covered hill behind the tower, where they would be protected from ocean winds. A narrow gage tramway and boardwalk ran 200 yards from the tower to the dwellings and then continued on for a quarter of a mile to the boathouse and hoisting boom, located on a small cove south of the lighthouse. To provide drinking water, a two-mile-long pipeline linked a large cistern near the dwellings to a lake in the hills.

In the 1930s, the Territory of Alaska provided a school teacher for the children at the station. Besides the three R’s, the students’ curriculum also consisted of learning to identify shells, sea life, and the constellations in the clear Alaskan skies. When the new structures were being built at the station, the children performed puppet shows and plays for the workmen. To show their appreciation, the workers presented the young actors with hand-made toys and a walking life-sized mechanical man that emitted smoke and had blinking lights for its eyes.

When visibility at the station fell below one mile, the foghorn had to be activated. The station’s radio signal was synchronized to the two-tone blasts of the foghorn so that a captain could easily determine his distance from the lighthouse. Counting the number of seconds between receiving the radio signal and hearing the fog signal and dividing the time by five gave the distance in miles – just as counting the seconds between lightning and thunder can tell you how close you are to getting zapped.

In his autobiography, “Under Fortune’s Smile: Memories From America’s Half Century,” Don Anderson provides a humorous and candid account of his year-long s

I had been planning to visit Shaheed Meenar for a long time.But Light prowler's photographs really made me go , this Sunday.Sundays see the commencement of busy activity on the meenar grounds, as the "tamasha" wallahs and herb sellers set their stalls and shows starting mid-morning,on until at least sun-down.These are poor people from Bihar who come to the city of Calcutta for making a living.There are fortune tellers with parrots and robots,acrobats,roadside entertainers with pet monkeys and goats that do a jig,a stunt on a 2X2 inch drum , a little game of "caich caich" (catch-catch)involving a shiny yellow plastic ball worn out on the surface and wide eyed children with runny noses,men with lots of time to idle away in midlife and old age,a somewhat enthralled audience standing in rings on the ground.By the time the tamasha you have been watching wraps up, behind your back a trio-Phoolchand, Kamala and Dileep Kumar are already beating intensely on a big de-shaped aluminum plate and sounding the begining of a good twenty minute of oddkicks sure to delight anyone who cares to stop and take a look.Kamala and Dileep move in circles shouting out the catalogue of their tamasha,in order of performance- " Jo koi bhai behen ke paas do rupiya ho, aage barhana,hum log ka mehenat dekh ke, pet me laat markar mat jaana"...he calls out and beats wildly on his drums,and the show begins.

A slight mention, here , that I being the only woman watching, and an alien presence in the crowd,attracted uncalled for attention from excited men with charged libido.Also,a woman with a camera is an unwelcome presence at fairgrounds where the poor idle away sundays by indulging in good fun,munching on peanuts, cucumber salads, roasted rice crispies,ganja,desi daaroo and some occasional lechery while the tamasha-wallahs rest. All said and done,a certain entertainer with a cast of a goat and monkey,threatened to stop his tamasha when he saw the camera.I pulled out change generously.No,the camera had to go.The trio , however , seemed to enjoy the presence of a camera.The crowd,incidentally made full use of this opportunity,and I almost scraped out of the ring of prancing men by looking out straight, elbowing and excusing "bhaisaab, zaraa bahar nikalne deejiye".

I try my luck with the balloon and rifle man , there were young idlers whiling away time shooting colored baloones stuck on to a board,at the foot of the Meenar.I found myself enclosed again in this hive of men.Implementing the same polite techniques, I moved on to watch the last tamasha of the day.An 83 year old acrobat, of rather angry temperament, not pleasing but amusing,as he performed with a wooden bow attached to pieces of heavy iron.The tamasha concentrated on displaying the strength of the old man,and he claimed -"Mard kabhi kamzor nahi hota, mai tirasi sal ka mard,mai kamzor nahi hoon" and his brows came closer and hitched higher as he repeated this,his face tensing up and he came towards me with great speed asking me to shut up and get out"Tum chali jao yahan se, tumse to mujhe baat bhi nahin karni,nikal ja yahan se" , a pat reply to my query"abhi aur bhi baki hai , ki khel khatam?".I handed him a ten rupee note and sat back quietly (with no further questions), ten being a very handsome amount, you may say,bulk money, for lack of better words.The tamasha-wallahs actually shoo the audience away once the show is over, so one may like to remember,prancing aimlessly around the entertainers is not a good idea.

What seemed to me,a high tech gadgetry set up, at a fee of three rupees and closer inspection,became clearer-a bling-bling robot-man standing proud on a tape recorder, toony bulbs lit up its chest when the tape played.This gentleman , told you your fortune.Attached to the tape are two sets of headphones, and the owner promptly puts one on your ears and turns on the tape.A fine baritone in Hindi tells you your good fortune after analyzing and weighing different aspects of your body and mind,all for three rupees,priceless,I recommend.My good fortune tells me I shall get the things I have yearned for, in two months time.Maybe you should think again before you commence on that evil plan of yours you had so carefully worked upon :)

The Ravivar Bazaar (Sunday-market) is a regular feature.Tamasha-wallahs say they have been coming here since forever.Shaheed Meenar and the surrounding Maidan area is an intriguing place, also because,according to history,and if I have my facts correct,the likes of Lumier brothers,brought their Nickelodeons,to these grounds and set camp for days,showing hand cranked shorts to local Bengalis.The first cinema the Calcuttans ever witnessed.Also, endless classics have been shot on the same grounds,among others, some may remember Utpal Dutts lazy summer afternoons and evenings with the young children in Ray's Agantuk, as he told them about the universe and the legends.

A lot of C

toy logging equipment

Similar posts:

resistance swimming equipment

lab equipment powerpoint

used mining equipment canada

computer equipment financing

food equipment manufacturers

equipment rental phoenix az

coffman electrical equipment

catering equipment 4 all


Comment is pending approval.

Comment is pending blog author's approval.
Trackback URL
Comment form

Only the blog author may view the comment.

Page Top
Powered by FC2 Blog | | Template Design by スタンダード・デザインラボ